Sunpower Maxeon 3
SunPower Maxeon 3 Solar Panels 395 W – 400 W
If you’re in the market for a solar panel, you may be wondering what the difference is between a SunPower Maxeon solar panel and a conventional panel. Here’s a look at how SunPower Maxeon panels differ and why they might be a better choice for your home or business.
The Maxeon 3 series features the SunPower Maxeon 3 390 W – SunPower Maxeon 3 395 W – and SunPower Maxeon 3 400 W solar panels. The range of power outputs allows you to design the optimal solar system for your energy needs.
- Designed to maximize energy production by optimizing efficiency, performance in high temperatures, and conversion of energy in low-light situations like mornings, evenings, and overcast days.
- Electrical architecture designed to reduce the effect of shade and prevent hot-spot development, with crack-resistant cells and more robust connections that protect against fatigue and corrosion.
- SunPower Maxeon solar panels are the most sustainable option for solar power since they are made of clean/recycled material, use environmentally responsible chemistry, and are designed to produce clean energy for 40 years.
|Efficiency:||SunPower’s Maxeon 3 series has an efficiency of: 22.1% (390 W) 22.3% (395 W) 22.6% (400 W)|
|Power Output:||390 W – 395 W – 400 W|
|Heat Tolerance:||−40°C to +85°C|
|Country of Origin:||Cells made in the Philippines, modules assembled in Mexico|
|Warranty Period:||40 years, product and performance minimum warranted output year 1: 98.0% maximum annual degradation: 0.25%|
SunPower Maxeon Panels vs SunPower Performance Panels
How do these two panels from the same manufacturer stack up against each other?
- SunPower Performance panels – high-efficiency mono PERC cells based on P-type silicon.
- SunPower Maxeon panels – cell technology is unlike any other in the solar industry, featuring a unique solid copper foundation creating a stronger and more efficient panel.
SunPower Maxeon Performance Benefits
In its first year of operation, a SunPower Maxeon solar panel generates significantly more power than a standard panel. A SunPower Maxeon panel generates approximately 55-60% greater energy than a conventional panel during the first 25 years of operation. That means big savings! The useful life of SunPower Maxeon solar panels is expected to be more than 40 years. Now that’s impressive!
Best-In-Class Performance – But At What Cost?
Solar, like with many other things, is not always just about the initial cost. Solar systems do not all function in the same way. The quality of the technology has an impact over time.
- Solar panel manufacturers have a wide range of quality, performance, and durability. If you choose standard panels on the basis of price alone, you can expect to see average (or less than average) results and slower savings over time.
- A higher-quality panel like the SunPower Maxeon may be a little more expensive up front, but you will get greater consistency and energy bill savings in the long term.
- SunPower Maxeon panels produce more energy, last longer, are protected by the best warranty in the solar industry, and are produced more sustainably than traditional solar panels.
- SunPower Maxeon panels will save you even more money while providing the security you demand from a top-notch product.
SunPower is recognized as the world’s top solar panel maker, and few can match its performance and quality. The SunPower Performance and Maxeon series of solar panels offer tremendous value for money for both residential and small business solar systems. However, SunPower’s Maxeon 3 series leads the industry in efficiency. The solar panel has the lowest degradation and best performance warranty in the industry. Maxeon solar panels are the most expensive on the market, but they’re also by far the most efficient solar panels. Because solar is a long-term investment, the higher initial panel cost translates to better performance, higher dependability, and more energy production over time.